Halloween is just around the corner, and if you're in search of the perfect low-lift costume you might even be able to pull one together using what you already have at home! Luckily black leggings are a versatile and comfortable base for a wide range of Halloween looks and lend themselves to party hopping as well as a chilly night trick-or-treating with family. (It's even better if the leggings have built-in underwear for added comfort and less undergarment adjustments!) The good news is that investing in a great pair of black leggings is far more worthwhile than a costume that you will never wear again. Here are six Halloween costume ideas that are easy to pull off with a pair of black leggings:
Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction:
- What You Need: Black leggings, a long-sleeve white button-down shirt, and a short black wig or a faux bob.
- Description: Channel your inner Uma Thurman with this iconic look from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. Simply pair your black leggings with a crisp white shirt and a sleek black wig or bob, and you'll be instantly recognizable as the enigmatic Mia Wallace.
- What You Need: Black leggings, a black leotard, black tutu, and ballet flats. Option to get as involved as you want in decorating the tutu and bodice with sequins, beads or shiny other adornments if you want to get creative
- Description: A look that captures beauty, darkness and the Halloween spirit all in one. Layer your black leggings with a black leotard, add a tutu and slip on some comfy ballet flats. Top it off with a smokey eye to bring the dark glamour and the grace.
- What You Need: A white button-down shirt, a black dress, black leather shoes, and braided pigtails or a wig with a center part.
- Description: Embrace your inner goth and dress like Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family. (Side note: The Netflix series is a great watch for Spooky season.) Layer your black leggings under a black dress and add a white button-down shirt underneath. Finish the look with black leather shoes. Mary Jane style shoes with a distinctive buckle or lace-up platforms preferred, and either braided pigtails or a wig with a center part to complete the look.
Sandy From Grease:
- What You Need: Black leggings, a black shirt (off the shoulder if you have it), a black leather jacket, and red heels.
- Description: Who wouldn’t want to feel like the iconic 50’s bad girl (with late 70's influence)? Don't forget to tease your hair for that authentic Grease vibe.
- What You Need: Black leggings, a swingy red dress with white dots, a headband with a big red bow (bonus points for getting crafty with felt at home and adding ears), and block heels (or flats with a bow for comfort if you’re trick-or-treating with your kiddos).
- Description: Find a red dress and add white dots to it for that recognizable Minnie look. Paper or felt works fine! Complete the ensemble with a headband featuring a signature bow and some comfortable heels or flats.
- What You Need: Black leggings, a black top or leotard, wings!
- Description: Flutter into the Halloween party as a beautiful butterfly. Black leggings with a black top or dress will make the perfect backdrop for your colorful wings. You can either purchase butterfly wings or get creative and make your own unique set. There are plenty of videos on YouTube you can turn to if you’re looking for a little Halloween costume project.
Let us know if there are any good ones we missed and Happy Spooky Season ;)